Sunday, July 13, 2008

So TACKY is the name of the game.

(This was the first load of flowers that I picked up! And before it was over the whole left hand side of my garage was packed! No kidding!)

O.K. Lots of you are asking yourselves..what in the world was Mandy thinking? Right? Well, let me preface this party by saying...

1. Dee is our family party planner

2. Dee loves a good party

3. Dee plans very good parties

4. Dee likes things a certain way

5. Dee has been known to wig out when things aren't a certain way

6. DEE HAD IT COMING!!


Dee had it coming because she's been dishing it out for years and we've all been lying in wait. Well, mostly me but that's beside the point. She just had it coming. Let's just leave it at that! She helped Yolanda plan my lingerie party and it was payback time. So, what do you do to the ULTIMATE party planner? Parties have kind of always been her business. Growing up she did parties for the Tampa Museum of Art, and Wellcraft Boats to name a few. I mean BIG parties. Like Circus Themed parties, and Dr. Suess party with all the characters - that were bigger than LIFESIZE. So, I thought lets do a tacky party. She wouldn't be expecting it and it would really throw her for a loop. I had to win a few people over to my side (mom and lexi) but I firmly had Nancy and Lori in my court from the beginning. Once I convinced everyone, we got to work and came up with some GREAT ideas. So, one day i'm driving by the fine cemetary by my house and I see this BIG pile of flowers laying on the ground in a pile of leaves. I get out and walk over to the workers and ask them what they were planning on doing with all those flowers. They told me that they were taking them to the dump and I just asked if I could have them. They said sure and Jackson and I loaded my Jeep to the ceiling. This was in May (which is our normal decoration day) so I started stopping everyday and just prayed Dee wouldn't drive by. I was coming up with all kinds of things that I could tell her if she saw us. For about 6 weeks, Jackson would ask if we were going to stop for flowers everytime we drove by. Let's just say he's warped for life. But it was all for a good cause and my mom told me that Jackson will have great stories to tell girlfriends, about all the crazy things that he and I did while he was growing up. Luke personally thought for a month, that I was Obsessed. But I had a vision and it wasn't until we started to set up Thursday night that he saw the vision. For him to be the artist in the family, he has a hard time invisioning things. But, I saw it all along. I saw TACKY in all it's GLORY! And it was a whole lot of fun.

No comments: