Sunday, July 13, 2008

Planning: Part 2

So my thought was to have Luke make these shirts (you'll see Nelson's shirt in a few days! - he made a short surprise appearance during the party - we'll get to the details later!) Dee's shirt said, I heart then Nelson's face and on the back it said Foxy Lady 1. And Nelson's shirt said, I heart then Dee's face and the back said The Perfect 10. They were great!
I had a friend make this cake and I told her to cut out pieces of the cake and make it look like a birthday cake that we had taken and then repurposed for a Congrats Dee cake. This was how the cake arrived to me. It was a CLASSIC and exactly what I wanted. I was told today by a friend that one lady didn't want to eat any because she really thought that it had been someone elses birthday cake. Man, this party was hysterical if I do say so myself. I can't believe I was that convincing. The cake said Happy Birthday Ralphie! Dee just laughed and laughed.
Now, no party is complete with out a lemon/lime jello mold. I commissioned Aunt Nancy to make this fine jello mold and I then proceeded to walk around the room and serve it when no one would eat it. By the time I had made the rounds with it, it was practically gone. It jiggled everywhere I went. It was hysterical too.
O.K. I decorated the mantle in my kitchen with my Elvis bust (I just love this bust!) and all the beanie babies that my grandmother bought my sister and myself for Christmas one year (hundreds of them!). My grandmother really got into Beanie Babies that year. I lined them up at the top of all my cabinets too. Jackson loved it and it just added such a special touch to the whole kitchen. (more pics later of that)
And finally, my uncle scott brought me his stuffed turkey that he caught a few months ago and we put it on the dining room table. It was HUGE and we had it laying a basket of easter eggs. I still can't believe we did this.

No comments: