O.K. so I've got to share with you what happened today! As most of you know Dee is getting married and one of the primary things you need to do when getting married is find a place. So, Dee, Een, Lexi, Jack, and myself head up to check out a spot for a potential wedding location. Well, we go, take a look, take some pictures, brainstorm, etc... and then Een and I are getting really hungry. So, we head to Top Hat for some barbeque. We then go in, sit down, order our food and are doing a little wedding talk. We'll most of you who know my son know that he's kind of a ham who likes to show his great aunts all of his new talents. Well, one of these being a song that he has learned in Bible class called God is so good (from what I hear he gets to help lead this song in class). So, as we are talking, he decides to break out in song. (Now take note that the restaurant at this time of day was about 3/4 full for lunch). He starts to sing "God is so good....God is so good......God is so good he's so good to me." It is at this time that the restaurant goes completely silent ( I mean, you could hear a pin drop and everyone is now staring). I think he's going to end here but on to the second verse he goes - "He saved my soul....., He saved my Soul....., He saved my soul..... and he made me whole ." Third verse, "I praise his name...., I praise his name......, I praise his name.... He's so good to me". And then he makes up his own fourth verse about the bible and Jesus which I can't remember. We'll, he finishes and the restaurant starts clapping and cheering. I am pretty much beat red which is kind of funny because I don't embarrass really easily and Dee, Een and Lexi are waving to the crowd like "thank you, thank you... we taught him everything he knows!" A man stood up and brought him a dollar for doing so well. Another lady comes up to us and tells us how great it is that he's singing about Jesus. Then another comes up to Jackson and asks him how old he is. He of course says 7. (this is his usual answer) I tell them he's actually only 3 and she continues to tell him that she tutors 15, 5 year olds and none of them are as smart as him (this might be a stretch but it was nice to hear). Another old man gives him a high five. He of course, takes it all in stride. I normally, in restaurants, try to keep his singing and gabbering to a minimum but I thought, well he's singing about God so maybe I should just let him sing. He really made an impression on those folks from the look of all the people that came up to talk to us after he was done. His bible class teachers (who originally taught him the song) are definitely to be commended. So thank you Janice and Barbara for making it your mission to help teach these little one's the truth and put a love of the Lord in their small hearts.
Friday, April 11, 2008
It just started with a song....
O.K. so I've got to share with you what happened today! As most of you know Dee is getting married and one of the primary things you need to do when getting married is find a place. So, Dee, Een, Lexi, Jack, and myself head up to check out a spot for a potential wedding location. Well, we go, take a look, take some pictures, brainstorm, etc... and then Een and I are getting really hungry. So, we head to Top Hat for some barbeque. We then go in, sit down, order our food and are doing a little wedding talk. We'll most of you who know my son know that he's kind of a ham who likes to show his great aunts all of his new talents. Well, one of these being a song that he has learned in Bible class called God is so good (from what I hear he gets to help lead this song in class). So, as we are talking, he decides to break out in song. (Now take note that the restaurant at this time of day was about 3/4 full for lunch). He starts to sing "God is so good....God is so good......God is so good he's so good to me." It is at this time that the restaurant goes completely silent ( I mean, you could hear a pin drop and everyone is now staring). I think he's going to end here but on to the second verse he goes - "He saved my soul....., He saved my Soul....., He saved my soul..... and he made me whole ." Third verse, "I praise his name...., I praise his name......, I praise his name.... He's so good to me". And then he makes up his own fourth verse about the bible and Jesus which I can't remember. We'll, he finishes and the restaurant starts clapping and cheering. I am pretty much beat red which is kind of funny because I don't embarrass really easily and Dee, Een and Lexi are waving to the crowd like "thank you, thank you... we taught him everything he knows!" A man stood up and brought him a dollar for doing so well. Another lady comes up to us and tells us how great it is that he's singing about Jesus. Then another comes up to Jackson and asks him how old he is. He of course says 7. (this is his usual answer) I tell them he's actually only 3 and she continues to tell him that she tutors 15, 5 year olds and none of them are as smart as him (this might be a stretch but it was nice to hear). Another old man gives him a high five. He of course, takes it all in stride. I normally, in restaurants, try to keep his singing and gabbering to a minimum but I thought, well he's singing about God so maybe I should just let him sing. He really made an impression on those folks from the look of all the people that came up to talk to us after he was done. His bible class teachers (who originally taught him the song) are definitely to be commended. So thank you Janice and Barbara for making it your mission to help teach these little one's the truth and put a love of the Lord in their small hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
That picture looks like your mom.
It's nice to hear that so many people appreciated Jackson's song.
we'll beth this is one talent that I am excited about because as you know I really sing very well too (I have reminded you about this over about a 14 year period ). it's just great to know that you can pass on your superior genes to your kids. so, when do you want to get together so you can hear me sing again?
Let me know when you get together to display your "superior genes." I'll make sure i'm in the front row.
Well, since I've visited you at your house, I think it's time you visit me. Come on over and I'll give you all the time you want to show off your superior genes!
you are right. I need to make a trip to North Carolina. But really, I need you to move to Alabama and make my life easier! Ha! love you
Post a Comment