Friday, September 21, 2007

Mission Accomplished






One of today's missions was to get the Halloween Houses up. I persuaded my mom to come over and watch Jack while I attempted this without Luke's help. (He's a good toter) It might not seem like much but it takes FOREVER. (find the stuff, haul it up from the basement, go through it and decide what goes up this year, keep your ecstatic 2 year old calm, try to convince your dog to not rummage through everything in the basement that she thinks smells funny and thus warrants a closer inspection, get it out of the impossibly tight styrofoam, and above all try not to BREAK ANYTHING!) Mom kept Jack busy with a pretend Birthday party/tea party (it was a guy tea party for those of you questioning my parenting) and so that was a Super Big Help!! Thanks mom. Of course, the new thing that I got Luke last year (which had never been opened) we broke. Frankenstein's windmill had a few issues today! We couldn't get the windmill fan's in the hole on the building and thus broke one of the blades. Nothing that gorilla glue won't fix. We did a lot of gorilla glueing today! (thanks for the tip on using gorilla glue Uncle Ress). We also had to repair the wagon and a rocking chair on the Haunted House. So, it took a while but it's done and I really like how it turned out. Jackson just loves it and that makes it all worth while. And last but certainly not least, I included a picture of Ginger at the Birthday party that I forgotten to include. She was pretty excited about the prospect of some good old crumbs.

No comments: