Monday, December 15, 2008

Snowman Basket and Paula Dean's Sons

I just wanted to share this basket with you. I made this for Jackson's teacher. I thought it turned out so cute. I found this basket on a great sale and filled it with goodies that we all made. We had a bake swap at our house last night and I was really unsure how it would go. Well, to my great surprise, it was a great success. Everyone agreed that we need to do it every year. I kept it to family so that we could manage it and everyone made goodies and met at our house after church. We had so much stuff. Lexi was sick with her allergies and couldn't come and she told me today on the phone that when Matt got home he told her "it was insane". I think insane was code for GOOD STUFF! Granddaddy kept circling the island finding all kinds of stuff he missed first and second and third times around. Aunt Nancy made fudge (no one makes better), peanut butter blossoms, and smore brownies. Mom and Gmom made peppermint bark and lemon bark, as well as more peanut butter blossoms, toffee cookies, and chek mix. Lexi had made lemon cookies (delicious). Arleen made the best Wedding Cookies I'd ever had. I had worked all week making Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. I actually made about 20 dozen. We had them coming out our ears. My house smelled like chocolate chip cookies all week. And Luke made Paula Dean's Gumdrop Cookies. They were great. We got to meet both of her sons when we were in Savannah in October and as I held J and was introducing him to them, I told them how my husband was a "Paula Dean" cook. I was having them sign their cookbook for me and they were trying to convince me that they could cook too. I had to promise them that Luke would try to cook out of their cookbook too. It was the funniest thing. Jamie really talked to Jackson because I think he at first heard me calling him Jack. He has a son named Jack that is about 2 years, I believe, younger than my Jack. Jackson was telling him all about his upcoming Skating Birthday party and they were giving him high-fives and all kinds of stuff. They were very nice. So, go get their cookbook because believe it or not, they can cook too. (Just a little side story there for your reading pleasure)


Cute tags from Sam's Club that I had printed up with Jack's picture on them.


No comments: