Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So, we wrapped the furniture in Plastic

Wait a stinking minute! My house is starting to look like what Aunt Ida and Aunt Bessie's house in Brandon, Florida looked like 15 years ago and it's getting a cozier feel to it that it's never had before. I must really be loosing it. Arleen was so funny. She kept saying, "Mandy, this new decorating thing you've got going on is really growing on me!" I was like, "Yeah, ME TOO!" "For some reason, I keep feeling like I'm in Florida"
So, as you can see we wrapped ALL the furniture in plastic. BUT, this was after we covered everything in mismatched Afgans. (Some from the Thrift Store and the rest from Aunt Nancy's personal stash) As you can plainly see, Jack and Libbi are having the time of their lives.
"Hey Libbi, Let me see if I can shoot the ceiling!"
Cheese!
" Oh, MY Jackson,.... I just realized how bad this house is looking!"
"Don't worry Libbi, it grows on you eventually and besides that Aunt Dee Dee is just going to love it!" "This is her STYLE!"

"Hey, who got ahold of my chair too?"
Conversation in the Kitchen the night before:

"So, you think we should make cardboard napkin rings with funny sayings and macaroni noodles glued on the outside?" "Yeah, Yeah, that would be great! Dee would just love that. Doesn't she have some like that already? Yeah, I think she does. Hey, lets make extras for her too. Good Idea!"

"So should we go put the Christmas Tree up too? Yeah, Dee loves Christmas. If we have time lets do that too!"

But mostly the conversation centered around: "DEE'S GOING TO KILL US!"


"YEAH, DEE'S GOING TO KILL US, BUT WE DON'T CARE! LET'S KEEP TELLING OURSELVES THAT!"


No comments: