Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a weekend!

Have I posted this layout before? I can't remember. I "can't remember" a lot these days! Are you guys ever so busy that you double book your schedule, aka - LIFE? I do this ALL THE TIME. Don't we all just live such crazy lives. This weekend was one of those great (sort of busy, but not super busy) weekends. Luke's parents came over, which thrilled Jackson (and us). We had such a great time even if Jackson's game was rained out Saturday.

Speaking of ballgames, planning our ballgames goes something like this:

Opening ceremonies to be scheduled Friday night
This is canceled and moved to Saturday Night
Ballgame Saturday at 11:00 am
This is then moved to 1:00 pm
Get call from Ellen Saturday Morning......
Everything canceled for Saturday
I believe we have practice Tuesday night and comment as such to Ellen tonight after church
Ellen has a heart attack because she thought we didn't
I assure her we do
She says to call her when I look at my calendar
My calendar clearly shows that.....
we don't have practice Tuesday night!
I call and apologize to her answer machine
(she is now screening her calls because of the crazy friends she has)
she calls back 5 minutes later and says we have a game Thursday night
I say - no problem, we hang up
She calls back in another 5 minutes with changes...
no Thursday night game but a Tuesday night game
i say, no problem, we hang up
get another call
(Ellen is now laughing)
no game Tuesday night but we now ........
have a Thursday night practice
as of now this is how it stands
isn't rag ball fun!
hey, at least we can laugh about it.
and that is the name of the game (and you thought winning was!)

Also got to eat dinner tonight with an OLD friend from FC, Clint and his family. I was the crazy person crying at the table from laughing so hard. He's just always so much fun to be around. He has perfect comedic timing. Always has. His sisters are pretty much just like him. So much fun to be around. Luke is going to give him guitar hero lessons tomorrow night. I will get pictures. should be pretty good. Also speaking of FC, Luke Chandler preached for us this morning and his lesson was so inspiring. He preached on how the work in Colombia was started in the 70's by one native Colombian man. This man was originally imprisoned in Springville, Mo for trying to smuggle drugs into the US. While in prison, he received a bible correspondence course through the church in Danville and once he got out of prison and was deported back to Colombia, convinced the Danville church to send Royce Chandler to come and help him with his bible study and show him how to talk to others and how to spread God's word. To make a long story short, this one man made it his mission to try to start churches and spread God's word in Colombia. From his small and humble efforts preaching the gospel, there are now around 43 churches in Columbia. This reaffirmed to me how our willingness to do the Lord's work will bring about great things. If we are willing to do the work, the Lord will bring the increase and move those mountains that appear unmovable and just HUGE! Not only this, but he will also change our lives for the better in the process. He can turn us from a drug smuggler into a Christian dedicated to him and his divine purposes. It was such a great lesson and it was wonderful to see him again. It was a great worship service today. happy Sunday night to all.

oh, and we were at Porky's Barbeque Saturday with Luke's parents and Angie's mom comes up to me and says "Angie's just dying to know what happened on your camping trip". Flo (angies mom) then says,"Angie still can't believe that you went camping!" So tommorrow, CAMPING ADVENTURES 101 will be posted and I will prove to the world that I CAN CAMP! Really, I can. (We'll as long as there is a potty and good food and.....!) So stay tuned.......

No comments: