Monday, March 17, 2008

some stuff to share....

O.K. I have a few things to share:

1. A friend from FC and Bowling Green emailed me a petition to sign regarding California's decision to require a teacher's certificate to homeschool your child. I'll just let April's word's speak for themselves -

"Hi guys, This came to me through my cousin's wife. As you know, I do not homeschool our children. However, it is scary to me that the government is trying to mandate how we raise our children. This is still America and we are all granted our freedom. I know I am forwarding this to some of you who actually live in California too. Since we are not in California, I was not aware of this until Jenn brought it to my attention. So I just thought that I would pass it along to make you aware and give you the opportunity to help this effort if you so choose. Usually once California does something then other states are soon to follow."

The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) is putting together a petition to depublish the CA ruling that took away a parent's right to homeschool their children. You do not have to be a member of HSLDA or be homeschooling to sign this petition. Whether you agree with homeschooling or not, I think we can all agree that a parent has the right to say how their child will or will not be educated, not the government. If we start allowing the government to dictate what we can or cannot do in our homes, where will it stop?
Please carefully consider signing this petition.
http://www.hslda.org/

O.K. now back to me.....This is really an important thing to consider and I hope you will take it seriously.

2. Had another good thought and then quote to share from our Ladies Bible Class Sunday night from Amy: (We'd been talking about our appearances and how beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

Who is the true Beholder and the only Beholder that really counts??? GOD! The Lord looks at our hearts. We learned by studying this book that true beauty is in the way we behave. We also learned how amazing and great these bodies are that we have been given and how we should take care of them, by feeding it the right fuel and keeping it clean and groomed. We have learned that while we should keep ourselves neat, outward beauty is not what is most important. Next time rather than looking at your face in the mirror and picking out all the things you don’t like-remember who made your body!- get down on your knees and take a look at your heart. See the places that need to be fixed and work on them diligently.

“When we learn to define our worth by our relationship to God rather than our similarity to or difference from another, we’ll guarantee for ourselves a more positive legacy-and a more healthy future.”

Exodus 4:10-12
“Moses said to the Lord, “O Lord, I have ever been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”
“The Lord said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I the Lord? Now go and I will help you speak and teach you what to say.”

Sisters, we are ALL BEAUTIFUL! God does not make junk! In the big scheme of things it does not matter how we look on the outside, but it does matter how we look on the inside.
“Let your outward beauty reflect your inward beauty.”

Thought I'd share this with you!

3 comments:

mandy.w.f. said...

from point 2: that's why the qualifications for an Elder in the church are not that he have an attractive/sexy wife - rather, that she is worthy of respect, temperate, and trustworthy; it's her character that is most important. - Luke

Liz said...

All good points. Thanks for sharing.

mandy.w.f. said...

wow. luke commented. this is a first! i didn't think he even checked the blog or knew how to! amazing! thanks for the comment lu lu!